Thursday, April 06, 2006

I feel like I've been hit by a Mack truck....

Busted up bike
Actually it was a late model Ford F-150. On the way home this evening an oncoming truck turned left across the lane I was travelling in. I was going about 35 km/h and he was going pretty slow.I braked, I think he did too - but we were so close that I still rolled across his hood. It all happened quite fast. The guy asked if I was alright a few times, but avoided giving me any information. He claimed he had nothing in his vehical to write with. He never even told me his name when asked. I memorized his liscence plate and repeated it to myself the whole way home. Not too sure how much the damages will cost, I'll be having my bike checked out at Woodcock cycle works. Not sure what the damage will cost, but I'll definately be reporting the guy to AutoPac and the Police.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wheatking said...

I feel your pain, I also ran into a vehicle in a similiar situation. Car people have absolutley no respect for cyclists.

April 07, 2006  
Blogger Scott said...

Yup, totally 100% his fault too. I was just minding my own business, riding in a nice straight line.

April 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home